The more followers you have, the more your personal brand will get exposure!
Check out these 25 tips on how to increase your Pinterest followers:
- Build interesting pinboards. Research what types of boards and pins would be attractive to your target market.
- Use captivating images. No one likes boring images on Pinterest!
- If you’re creating your own image for pinning, watermark your web address to the image.
- And if you’re creating an image to go with a blog post, put the blog post on the graphic. Make sure it’s catchy but explains what the blog post is all about (e.g. 5 Ways To Child Proof Your Home).
- Make sure to fill out the descriptions for your pinboards and pins. Use keywords and hashtags. This will help people find your content when searching Pinterest.
- Make sure the titles of your pinboards are catchy yet descriptive. This will help people find your pinboards while searching Pinterest.
- Build boards that include a combination of pinned content from the web and repins from other Pinterest users.
- When repinning content, make sure the image clicks through to an actual webpage or article. Watch out for spammers who post cool pictures and then link them to spam.
- Like or comment on other people’s pins.
- Build a few pinboards and then follow other Pinterest users and/or specific boards that interest you. They’ll be more likely to follow you back if you have cool content on your Pinterest account.
- Pin a lot of content. Make a lot of boards.
- However, don’t pin all at once. You’ll just jam up people’s Pinterest feeds. For example, spend 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes in the afternoon on pinning content.
- If you have a business, verify your website and use Pinterest analytics to analyze what content resonates on Pinterest. Adjust your pins and boards accordingly.
- Put the Pinterest icon on your website or blog, and make sure it links to your Pinterest profile.
- Include the Pinterest icon and link in your email signature.
- Put the “Pin It” button on your blog posts and web pages.
- Tell your social media followers/fans that you’re on Pinterest and include link to your Pinterest profile.
- Connect your Pinterest profile to your Facebook and Twitter accounts, and share pins across these networks.
- Also, Pinterest can tell you which of your Facebook fans and Twitter followers are on Pinterest. Follow these users and they’ll probably follow you back.
- Use the Pinvolve app to add pins to your Facebook page.
- Hold a Pinterest contest.
- Join group boards.
- Write a blog post about your favorite pinboard (add links!).
- Save an image that you found on Pinterest to your computer, and then upload it to Facebook or Google Plus. Invite people to see the other cool images you’ve collected on Pinterest and provide a link to your Pinterest profile.
- Incorporate Pinterest into your business cards. Try a printer such as moo.com, where you can incorporate a variety of images on to your business card (be sure to add a link to your Pinterest profile to your card).
There you go! Did I miss any tips? Just let me know in the comments below!
Enter your email address here, and I’ll email the report right over to you (be sure to check your Spam folder if it doesn’t land in your inbox in a few minutes).